Ernest cookson School
Ernest Cookson School is a Special School for pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health difficulties
The school has 70 places for boys.
- To promote the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
- To raise the level of social and emotional competence of all pupils
- To raise the self-esteem of all pupils
- To promote each pupil’s academic and social development
- To promote a climate where pupils learn and where behaviour changes for the better
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all pupils
- To develop pupils tolerance and respect for others
- To maintain close working partnerships with all parents/carers and outside agencies
- To create a safe environment for all pupils while they are at school
- To monitor, evaluate and review the progress of all pupils regularly
- To provide pupils with the skills and knowledge to equip them for life after school
- To promote British values
- To enable pupils to adapt readily to a changing environment
- To return pupils to a mainstream school whenever appropriate.